Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Changed my mind

In my last post I mentioned I would go on reading some of Wood’s work, but when I went back to my shelves to make my choice, I somehow got more attracted in picking up Kraven’s Last Hunt that I had sitting (or are books standing?) there for a while.

I’ve got like 2 Spider-man stories in my humble collection, so you can’t really call me a Spidey fan… I haven’t read Spider-man: Blue yet, and it’s been collecting dust for about as long as the book I’m mentioning now…

DeMatteis did an amazing job writing the story. I’ve read the trade paperback and there’s a small introduction of the book by DeMatteis who explains how he got to write it, how it all came together and so on… And it took a WHILE so I’m pretty happy for him the result was that good (he kept pushing the same story from publisher to publisher for a few years…). The art was also amazing, especially considering it was drawn during the mid 80’s… Way to go Mike Zeck! But they sometimes re-edit the books when collecting all the issues into a single format, so keep in mind I read the trade.

So you guessed it, I really had a good time reading it, the story was amazing, the art was amazing, so I’m probably a Spider-man fan now, right? Well, not really… Although this is a Spider-man book, I felt the story was more about Kraven himself, and he really is amazing in my opinion. So basically, after reading Kraven’s Last Hunt, I feel more like reading about Kraven.

Basically, you have to own that book, especially if you get it for as good as a deal as I got: only USD4.32! Oh, I’d also like to make you note that was because I bought a copy that was graded “Very Good” at Mycomicshop.com… It was the first time (I usually buy NM) so I wasn’t sure what to expect, but the book was almost as good as brand new… Only a tiny little tear at the top of the dust jacket was noticeable, but apart from that nothing was wrong with the book. I’ll shop there again!

For questions about comic books grading, you can refer to my previous post about this topic.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP