Thursday, October 16, 2008

How do you know your kid is “creative”?

I’ve heard this question a lot from young parents… They always wonder if their kid is creative or not. I’m not an expert, but I’ve always been thinking that you could consider your kid “creative” if he/she started doing “unconventional” things.

What do I mean by “unconventional”? Let’s say that if, one day, your child draws/paints the sea in pink instead of blue, you shouldn’t explain to him the sea should be blue but instead ask him the reason why he wanted it to be pink… And I’m pretty sure he/she will have an answer that makes perfect sense such as “One fish had a big nose bleed”. I think if his/her mind can make up something like this, it’s a good hint that he/she is somehow creative.

So where am I going with all this? I want to talk about a book of course… and about Sam, its main character, who happens to be a really creative kid. Is he talking about chronicle nose bleeds among fishes as well? No, he’s on another level…

As a kid, have you ever written a letter to Santa Claus when Christmas was approaching? Maybe you’ve had your kid write one too… Well Sam doesn’t. He decides he’d rather write a letter to Dracula on Halloween… There you go, I don’t have to say more to get you curious about this book.

If it tickles you as it tickles me, take a look at Dear Dracula, a new all-ages graphic novel by writer Josh Williamson and artist Vicente Navarrete. You can also follow this link to the CBR article to know the story behind the book itself and check out some samples. It looks really promising.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP