Monday, October 13, 2008

Wolverine: Origin

In a previous post I wrote about which book to pick up if you wanted to start reading about Wolverine, I advised to get Best of Wolverine Vol.1. I still think it is a great book and everybody who intends to know about Wolverine should read it… However, I would like to go back on one of the statements I made in that particular post.

At the time, I mentioned it was a “must read” as it contained Weapon X and it was the beginning of it all… Well, it’s actually not. It is if you consider Wolverine wouldn’t be Wolverine without his adamantium skeleton, and it’s not if you want to have a full picture on Logan’s own life.

I recently read Wolverine: Origin, which is actually counting how Logan discovered he was a mutant. I loved the story itself as well as the art and colouring that made the book look like it was a collection of paintings.

It was quite a bold move to want to unveil Logan’s origin as it’s been unknown since the character was created. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at the beginning as I thought it would potentially ruin the character as his “unknown roots” were a big part of his success. Some people will tell you it did destroy Wolverine forever but I’d have to disagree with them as I was quite pleased with the content.

To sum up: Good story + great art = deserves your money

As a side note, the sequel to this book titled Wolverine: The End somehow received very mixed reviews and seems to be very disappointing… So I didn’t feel like spending the money and time on it but may purchase it later out of curiosity.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP