Friday, June 26, 2009

Still seeing life in black and white…

Why? Mainly because I’m reading Brian Wood’s books. I’ve just finished reading Channel Zero and am quite happy with my purchase… It’s different than any other comic book I’ve read lately, maybe because it’s a bit closer to “real life”… Things like those described in his story could actually happen, and are happening in some form or another in countries like France or China who are recently implementing ways to control the way their people uses the internet, which contents they download and monitor what they store or install in their personal computers.

Back to the book itself… You’ll be able to follow Jennie 2.5 in her struggle to wake up the American people from their lethargy as they just became a consuming population who’s willing to believe anything that the now state controlled media says. There are also a couple of issues focusing on another character who actually became a “cleaner”… His job is to cleanse the street from its scum; the only thing being almost anyone is scum right now. You litter? I shoot you. You smoke? I shoot you. You spit your chewing-gum? I shoot you. You stink? I shoot you… I wonder if Wood was basing his inspiration on Singapore… ^^

Towards the end of the book, Wood introduces 2 characters that I think are in Couscous Express and The couriers. Maybe the stories are tied up in some way? I’ll write about it after reading them.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP