Wednesday, October 7, 2009

How good is Local?

I have been following Megan’s adventures for a few days now. I’ve been reading the book occasionally and am about 5 or 6 issues in right now, so it’s about half way through the whole run.

It’s a kind of “slice of life” book that takes us around the U.S. together with the main character. Each issue takes place in a different place, which I thought was a nice concept and has Megan has the main character, who appears to be a bit of a “funky” person as she somehow manages to always meet some weird people along the way and get herself in uncomfortable situations.

The whole book reads a bit like Demo, a previous Wood story, as each new issue has no link with the previous ones besides Megan. The art is really nice, and as mentioned in a previous post, the book itself is pretty awesome thanks to its oversized heavy-weight pages (almost Bristol-like) and the way the 12 issues are bond all together. It’s a thick thick hardcover book that reminds me of those old school bibles.

So while I’ve been enjoying discovering Megan and following her around in her trips and all, I can’t stop thinking of one thing… “Why?” I mean, so far she’s been going to different places in every issue but we still do not know the reason behind… I mean, in the first issue It was kind of obvious, but then why? I hope I get to find that out as I read on.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP